Recently I saw this on another blog and immediately ran to my bookshelves to give it a go. Plus since moving to our new house and turning one of the rooms into a home library, I’ve been meaning to catalog all my books into an app. Partially to have a list of all the books I own, but mostly because I keep finding myself re-buying books I already own or debating whether to buy something because I’m not sure if I have it or not. So this tag on Paperback Jake’s blog seemed the perfect opportunity! Also, if you get a chance check out his blog. I’ve just discovered it and he absolutely cracks me up.
Without any further ado, let the hunt begin!
- Find an author or a title with “Z” in it
- Find a classic
- Find a book with a key on it
- Find something on your shelf that is not a book
- Find the oldest book on your shelf
- Find a book with a girl on it
- Find a book with an animal on it
- Find a book with a male protagonist
- Find a book with only words on the cover
- Find a book with illustrations on it
- Find a book with gold lettering
- Find a diary, true or fictional
- Find a book by an author with a common name like Smith
- Find a book with a closeup of something on it
- Find the book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period
- Find a hardcover book without a jacket
- Find a teal or turquoise book
- Find a book with stars on it
- Find a non-YA book
- Find a book written by a POC (this tag originally only had 19 on it but I wanted a rounded number so I’ve added this one in. Also doing this hunt made me realise most my books are written by white men which is pretty depressing)
All right so before all of you start asking and berating me, yes many of my shelves are colour coded. I realize how polarizing this organizational decision is among book lovers but I happen to like it. It’s only on some of my bookcases, though, and doesn’t include any series or boxsets. Those are all together on their own shelves elsewhere in my home library along with any authors I have several books by. Once I’m done painting and decorating the library I’ll post pics on here for y’all to either appreciate or recoil in horror from.
Whew, so with that out of the way, if any of you do this tag please link me because I had so much fun hunting through my shelves and I’d love to see what you’ve been able to find on yours. Show off those shelves!
4 thoughts on “Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag”
I love this so much! Great finds 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s an amazing library! My own is not even a quarter the size. I just don’t have the space.
LikeLiked by 2 people