Last year I began reviewing books from publishers through NetGalley and it has been such a blast receiving advanced copies of books to review for you all. I’ve also made some great connections with other bloggers as well as with several authors. I’ve never felt more a part of the book community than I do now.
It was really overwhelming at first, though, because I made the rookie mistake of requesting at least a third of their sci-fi catalog when I first started requesting books last year. It took me awhile to get to that coveted 80% review rate, but I’m holding steady. I want to make sure I keep reading everything I’ve been given from publishers because it’s the least I can do for the authors. So the NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge of 2020 hosted by Reading Between the Pages seemed to be a great way to keep me on track with reading my NetGalley books.
In 2019 I read 50 NetGalley ARCs and I’m going to aim for the same again this year, putting me at the Gold level. As of this post I’ve managed to read 4 of my ARC’s this month so it looks like I’m on the right track. Hopefully I can keep it up!
More information about the challenge is below!
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the number of NetGalley/Edelweiss books sitting on your shelf to be read?
Have you lost your 80% rating and would love to get it back?
Do you want to challenge yourself to read more NetGalley/Edelweiss books?
Do you need extra inspiration to achieve that next badge?
If the answer is “YES” to any of these questions then this is the challenge for you!
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. There is no deadline to sign up.
- Everyone is welcome to participate – you do not need to have a blog.
- Any genre, release date, length, etc. counts – it just needs to be a book from NetGalley or Edelweiss.
- Books can count for more than one challenge that you are participating in.
- The first day of each month Reading Between the Pages will post a monthly “link-up” for you to link your reviews. If you forget one month, no worries, just catch up the next month.
- Help spread the book love and use the hashtag: #NGEW2020
Bronze – 10 Books
Silver – 25 Books
Gold – 50 Books
Platinum – 75 Books
Diamond – 100 Books
Are you taking part in this challenge? What level are you shooting for? Let me know in the comments!
2 thoughts on “NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2020”
I didn’t even know about this challenge, but I should join. I know my ratio isn’t 80%😬
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m around 77% at the moment because I had a few books approved, but I’m really hoping to clear my backlist this year, too. I think I might have aimed too high with 50 books (I only have 13 that I haven’t reviewed yet), but honestly as long as I get more of the ones I already have read then I’ll be happy!